Two empties for June are my Jo Malone 'Pomegranate Noir' candle (the one that smells like Oscar Wilde) and Diptyque Mimosa candle. To be honest I'm not sure I would buy a Diptyque candle again because they are just so sooty, even when cared for properly. However, that said, I am a complete sucker for their branding so I love to reuse them as brush holders once they are used up.
This is another ridiculously easy DIY but I had a lot of requests on Youtube and actually made a rather dangerous mistake the first time I tried to empty out a finished candle jar...I put it in the microwave with the intention of melting the residual wax and pouring it out. Darwinism in action there. Thankfully I didn't die in the process (though I probably should ask that my university rescind my degree certificate) but that is recommendation number one: NEVER PUT CANDLES IN THE MICROWAVE. The wax vapour is combustable and the whole thing will burst into flames.
Anyway here's how you do it safely:
Pop the candle(s) into the freezer for an hour or two. I forgot about mine and left them chilling with the frozen peas overnight.
Take them out and using a blunt knife, gently pop the remaining wax out. It might come out as a whole piece like the Diptyque candle, or in chunks like the Jo Malone candle. If you are using clean burning candles, you can save this wax and combine the pieces to make a new candle. Although in my experience these types of candles, e.g. Neom, produce little to no waste wax. Unfortunately neither of these candles are particularly clean burners, as you can see from the soot on the jars, so I wouldn't advise trying to reuse contaminated wax.
Wash out the jars being careful not to get the labels too wet if you want to keep them on. If not they should come away easily with warm water. You can wipe off any residual wax or adhesive with dish soap, rubbing alcohol, white vinegar or baby oil, depending what you have to hand.