I've been hoarding up my empties like a confused squirrel for the last couple of weeks with the intention of making a video about them - but I can imagine it would be a total snore fest so here's a post instead. Personally I find these kind of posts/videos really helpful as it's less of a 'fad' thing and quite interesting to see what actually gets used up.
- Redken All Soft Shampoo + Conditioner I love this range and have used about three bottles of each, which is some kind of record for me as I usually end up with various bottles of half-used so-so shampoos scattered around the place. It really is brilliant for leaving hair soft and shiny without feeling weighed down or slippery. I decided to try Redken's scalp shampoo, but I did repurchase the conditioner.
- Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator This scrub has been knocking about in my bathroom for over a year so I thought it was about time I used it up. I found it a pretty underwhelming product from the first use. The scent is quite strong and it doesn't leave my skin feeling or looking much different (compared to my trusty Alpha H Liquid Gold or my Clarisonic). I think it's just surplus to requirement and not one of Liz Earle's best products, so I won't be repurchasing.
- Liz Earle Daily Eye Repair Again, this didn't really deliver. It's quite a moisturising eye cream, so nice if you suffer from dry patches, but not effective enough to justify the price tag for me.
- Liz Earle Eyebright Soothing Eye Lotion I love this product. It's perfect for spring and summer if you suffer from hayfever or just for tired eyes. Just pop it in the fridge, soak a couple of cotton pads and lay them over your eyes. It's very soothing and suitable for contact lens wearers. I'll be picking up a new bottle next time I'm near a store.
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Ceylan I won't go on about this as I feel like I mention it a lot, but I'm still a big fan of this foundation. I can forgive its questionable wear time for the colour range, coverage and finish - it's really beautiful. I bought a back up bottle from ASOS last time they ran their 25% off student discount! A little gripe though...there's still a bit of product in the bottle but it's near impossible to get out. Any tips?
- Aveda Scalp Benefits Conditioner I spoke about the Aveda Scalp Benefits range here, but I still had a little of the conditioner to use up. I actually finished this at the same time as the L'Oreal Expert Silver Shampoo and combined they left my hair feeling kitten soft and smelling quite herby. I'm tempted to try more Aveda products, but for now this won't be a repurchase.
- L'Oreal Expert Silver Shampoo This is a great shampoo for removing brassy tones from blonde or highlighted hair (I'm not grey yet, thanks!) and it works really well on my ashy blonde highlights. That said, I'm not sure it works any better than other 'silver shampoo' and it definitely isn't the cheapest. I think I'm going to try an alternative as it's something I only use a few times a month.
- Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this concealer; sometimes it looks flawless, other times it seems to crease if I dare to blink. I think I might try the Bobbi Brown Corrector instead and stick with my Collection Lasting Perfection as a concealer.
- Nails inc. polishes in Jermyn Street and The Southbank Two of my favourite polishes. Ever. They've been a bit gloopy for months now but I haven't been able to bring myself to throw them away. I've got a replacement for Jermyn Street kindly given to me at the Nails Inc. event, but I need to get my hands on The Southbank - it's such a beautiful light grey and I haven't found a dupe for it.
- balance Me. Cleanse and Smooth Face Balm* This is a lovely balm cleanser which, despite the label saying normal to dry, my combination skin absolutely loved. It's excellent at removing eye makeup too. Just using up my current cleanser, then I think I will be buying the full size of this!
- Caudalie Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum* This is already on my wishlist! Very hydrating without feeling heavy.
- Arm and Hammer Advance White Toothpaste I know it might be a bit weird to include a toothpaste, but this stuff actually works. I drink a lot of tea so I have far from a Hollywood smile (tea presides over all forms of vanity, sorry!), but this definitely made my teeth look noticeably whiter and left them feeling really clean. Already repurchased.
Phewf. They were mini-reviews but it still looks like a lot of writing. Hopefully it will be somewhat helpful if you're thinking about trying any of the products.
Let me know if you like these posts or not - otherwise I will put my empty products in the bin/recycling like a normal person. Beauty blogging makes you do strange things.
p.s. Actually looking at all of the packaging lined up like that makes me a bit sad. I hope most of it is recyclable, but I'd imagine a lot of it isn't.
*via beauty boxes or sent for consideration