I'm not at all skilled with nail art, so when I saw this Cutepolish tutorial for tattooed nails I really wanted to give it a try.
All you need is a base colour (if you want the design to be clearer, try a white rather than the neutral I used), temporary tattoos (I bought mine from eBay for £1.49 and used less than a third of the design) and a topcoat. You'll also need a dish of water, cotton pads, nail varnish remover and cotton buds.
- Paint your nails with your chosen base colour and allow to dry for at least 10 minutes. (I used nails inc Porchester Square*)
- Cut the temporary tattoos into small pieces to roughly fit your nail.
- Peel the plastic fronting from the tattoo and place it, design side down, onto your nail.
- Dab a damp cotton pad onto the back of the tattoo until you can feel the design coming away from the paper backing.
- Slide off the paper, allow to dry for a few seconds and seal in with a quick drying topcoat. (I used nails inc Kensington Caviar topcoat*)
- Use nail varnish remover on a cotton bud to tidy up any excess tattoo around the cuticle.
What do you think? The design is a little cracked in places but overall it's a really quick, and surprisingly easy, way to achieve patterned nails without using nail wraps (which really damaged my nails!).
* received at press event